Sales Manager Europe
We are the independent expert in assurance and risk management. Driven by our purpose, to safeguard life, property, and the environment, we empower our customers and their stakeholders with facts and reliable insights so that critical decisions can be made with confidence.
As a trusted voice for many of the world’s most successful organizations, we use our knowledge to advance safety and performance, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions to tackle global transformations.
About the role
DNV Energy Systems is looking for a Sales Manager based in Northern Europe to support the Smart Cable Guard (SCG) Unit within DNV.
Smart Cable Guard (SCG) is an online multi-functional monitoring system for MV power cable networks. The system has two unique functions: detect and locate weak spots and detect and locate faults in underground power cables. The automated system immediately gives a warning when problems arise.
You will get the opportunity to be part of the Global SCG team, and together with other colleagues you will sell and help our customers implement SCG systems and services in Northern Europe.
The overall purpose of the job is to support Smart Cable Guard Unit in its role to help DNV safeguard life, property and the environment and achieve our company vision: To be a trusted voice to tackle global transformations.
You will be expected to visit (potential) customers on a regular basis. As a result of this you will be expected to travel between 25% and 50% of your time
As Sales Manager for Smart Cable Guard unit you will have these main roles and responsibilities.
- Identify, drive and facilitate sales and advice clients on the application of SCG within their networks
- You will be expected to achieve sales in Northern European as per targets agreed
- Own the order intake and pipeline targets for SCG in the assigned countries in Northern Europe
- Responsible to increase the visibility of DNV Smart Cable Guard in the market. You are the go-to person when it comes to online condition management of underground medium voltage cables. You make an impact!
What we offer
Our benefits package is specifically designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being.
- Get secured for the future with our pension scheme, profit share, health care and wellness benefits
- Enjoy the flexibility to handle your work in a way that suits you and your lifestyle
- Work with some of the most engaging and competent colleagues in the industry
- Receive guidance from colleagues around the globe through coaching, mentoring and networks
- Advance your skills and expertise, through individual development plans and tailored training
- Develop your managerial skills, by going through our state-of-the-art leadership programs
- Be part of a world renowned and growing organization with origins dating back to 1864
To qualify you must have, ie essential skills
- Degree preferable in Electrical Engineering / a Background in Sales with the focus on relationship-based selling
- Strong written and verbal German and English communication skills are needed to develop long-term relationships, proposals, and presentations
- Strong commercial awareness, result orientation, and proven track record in product sales
- Existing network within the DNO/DSO utilities
- Customer-centric and able to challenge customer needs
Key competencies, skills and personal attributes
- You are curious, interested, well organized, and engaged
- Communicate in a clear, precise, and structured way; speaks with authority and conviction; presents effectively
- Confident as a speaker and presenter in customer meetings
- Demonstrated creativity and innovation in solution selling with the ability to present oneself professionally
- Able to co-operate well with others; shares knowledge, experience and information; and supports others in pursuit of team goals