This is the role
Counsel, Supply Chain and Commercial is responsible for providing legal support to LYB’s Supply Chain Group in addition to providing support for LYB’s Intermediates and Derivatives business segment.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Provide legal support for contract negotiations and counsel relating to transportation and logistics, utilities, pipelines, and related real estate matters, including:
- Rail and motor freight contracts, equipment leases, storage agreements, and other third-party contracts;
- Maritime-related contracts, including parcel tanker and barge charters, contracts of affreightment, and terminal storage agreements;
- Freight forwarding and warehousing;
- Provide legal support for contract negotiations and counsel related to commercial sales, procurement activities, site operations, and other matters where internal clients require legal support;
- Manage claims and recovery efforts for areas of support;
- Partner with internal clients to support business objectives, in a manner consistent with applicable laws, and the company’s accepted level of risk;
- Review and support the development of internal engagement and training materials;
- Coordinate with other members of the Legal Department to address the needs of the clients, including being the lead legal support for certain initiatives and projects.
This is who you are
- Strong legal drafting and negotiation skills, attention to detail, excellent oral and written communication skills, and analytical skills;
- Interpersonal, organizational and stakeholder management skills; ability to work across functions to achieve results;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize work in a dynamic environment;
- Solution oriented and a positive mindset;
- Some travel required.
This is what you bring
- Graduated Level: Dutch law degree or equivalent from other EU or non-EU jurisdictions;
- Bar qualified or equivalent in-house experience.
- 7+ years of post-qualification experience in a major law firm or corporation;
- Experience in logistics and transportation procurement and/or, in particular in the areas of transportation (vessel, barge, rail, and truck), terminals, freight forwarding, warehousing, and commercial sales/trading, preferably related to the petrochemical, chemical, logistic, manufacturing or utilities related industries preferred;
- Experience in commercial sales (both direct and indirect via distributors) preferably related to the petrochemical, chemical, logistic, manufacturing or utilities related industries preferred;
- Experience and fluency working in English.
This is what we offer
We offer an environment where we encourage personal and professional growth and where you will be rewarded for your performance and results. You will have the possibility to work with specialist on all fields to develop innovative solutions and to extend your national and international network. In addition, we offer you a competitive salary package. The Company's Global Remote Work Policy allows eligible employees the option to work up to three days a week from home. LyondellBasell is committed to advancing diversity, equity & inclusion (DEI) to ensure a positive experience for all employees.
Please feel free to contact James Smeets at james.smeets @ lyondellbasell.com for more details. Would you like to apply? Just send us your motivation and resume via the application button. Only applications through this application button will be taken into consideration.
The recruitment process exists of an initial phone screening and business interviews before proceeding to a possible job offer. A background check will be part of the process.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
CompetenciesCollaborates Builds effective teams Cultivates innovation Customer focus Demonstrates courage Drives results Ensures accountability Instills trust and exemplifies integrity