MYP/DP Physics Teacher
International School Utrecht
The International School Utrecht (ISU) is an International Baccalaureate World School and part of SPO Utrecht (primary) and Nuovo Scholen (secondary). ISU offers the International Baccalaureate (IB) curriculum for students from 4-19 from diverse international backgrounds. We are a close knit, inclusive, and welcoming community of students, staff, and parents. ISU is a member of the Dutch International Schools (DIS), a group of government-subsidized schools providing internationally-oriented primary and/or secondary education.
Who we are
We are an IB continuum school offering the Primary Years Programme (PYP), Middle Years Programme (MYP), and Diploma Programme (DP). We are a fast growing school with over 1200 students and 180 staff members from all over world. We are a community of life-long learners.
Our Mission & Vision
ISU is a warm and welcoming community brought together by a single purpose: to inspire our students with a passion for lifelong learning, to equip them with the tools to achieve excellence for themselves and the global community they live in. Uncovering and defining talent is at the heart of our educational mission.
As an IB world continuum school, ISU offers high quality education through inquiry-based learning, inspiring student curiosity, lifelong learning, and agency.
ISU is an inclusive school where everyone is welcome and can be who they want to be. We understand that there are multiple perspectives, and we respect each other’s differences.
Our ISU community is not defined by borders but exists in connections. To us, connection means belonging, feeling involved, and making links between learning and life.
The International School Utrecht is looking to recruit an enthusiastic International Baccalaureate MYP and DP Physics teacher
Qualifications and experience:
- Relevant undergraduate and graduate degree
- A minimum of three years’ classroom experience
- Experience teaching IB MYP Science and DP Physics is preferred
The ideal candidate should have the following attributes:
- Positive and solution-oriented attitude
- Appropriate technology skills to support subject teaching
- Willingness to work closely and collaboratively in a strong team
- Demonstrates professionalism, commitment, integrity, and perseverance
- Be culturally competent with an internationally minded attitude
- Near-native level spoken and written English language
- A very welcoming staff community who get together regularly outside of school
- An induction programme for new starters
- Onboarding guidance
- Professional development
- An attractive package with benefits (with a 13th month and holiday benefits)
- An attractive package with benefits (Collective Labour Agreement CAO)
- Salary in line with Collective Labour Agreement (CAO)
Please apply via our website: https://www.vacancies.isutrecht.nl/
Please note that your application will only be considered if you have a permit or visa to work in the Netherlands. If you are interested in this position and meet the criteria, please provide a full CV with three references and a letter up to two pages, detailing your experience.
International School Utrecht is committed to ensuring a safe learning environment that supports child protection. We require a police clearance certificate as well as three confidential references.