Senior Project Controller
Damen Naval Vlissingen
Get on board with Damen Naval, along with more than 1,200 professionals based in Vlissingen, Schiedam, Romania, Germany, and Indonesia. We are the naval division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group which employs globally 12,000 professionals. Damen Naval supplies advanced naval vessels to customers all over the world. With a passion for technological innovation and sustainable solutions, we continue to push the boundaries in the shipbuilding sector. You can be part of our team! Are you ready for duty?
Damen Naval is seeking a dynamic Senior Project Controller to join our finance team in Vlissingen, Netherlands. In this pivotal role, you will be responsible for developing, implementing, and monitoring the financial aspect of project planning and control cycles. Your expertise will ensure accurate, up-to-date, and compliant financial management in day-to-day project activities.
As Senior Project Controller your key responsibilities will include:
- Contributing to the formulation of finance and control policies and procedures for the assigned project and financial department, aligning with the company's finance strategy and external developments.
- Ensuring the development, preparation, and proper execution of consolidated periodic financial reporting for internal stakeholders and external supervisory authorities.
- Informing and advising stakeholders on the project's financial performance and potential risk areas.
- Planning and coordinating annual financial planning, budgeting, and forecasting within the assigned project.
- Executing and monitoring financial plans, budgets, and forecasts, analysing gaps between budget and realization.
- Reviewing and analysing the cash position of the assigned project and planning the maintenance of adequate funds.
- Translating the financial strategy into relevant KPIs, plans, and dashboards for project performance.
- Identifying, analysing, and controlling potential financial risks within the project scope.
- Ensuring compliance with financial guidelines, governing financial governance in line with internal standards and external laws and regulations.
- Collaborating with contract and risk managers to process and follow up on deviations or changes.
Skills & experience
To excel as Senior Project Controller, you should possess the following qualifications and qualities:
- Master degree in Finance with at least ten years of experience in complex financial project management, preferably in naval, defence, or heavy equipment construction industries and/or big-5 accountancy companies.
- Multifaceted experience with complex financial management in an international setting.
- Fluent or native in German and good English communication skills, both written and spoken.
- Ability to work in Vlissingen, The Netherlands and to travel to Germany.
- Excellent references antecedents because a pre-employment security screening is a standard part of the recruitment procedure.
- Permanent EU citizenship combined with an EU work visa are both required for our employees given the military nature of projects.
What we offer
At Damen Naval, we highly value our employees, and we will support your professional and personal development. We also provide our employees with:
- A competitive salary and 8% holiday pay.
- 27 holidays and 13 ADV days.
- Travel allowance of 21 cents per kilometre.
- PME-pension arrangement with an employer contribution of 60%.
- Profit sharing based on company results.
- Working from home policy and other benefits including a bicycle plan and company fitness.
Are you interested in the position of Senior Project Controller, and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly via the Damen Career Portal .
For more information about the vacancy, Damen Naval or the application process, please visit the Damen Naval website, the Damen Career Portal or call the Corporate Recruitment department on +31 0118- 485 000.
Please note that only candidates with a permanent EU citizenship together with a valid permanent EU work visa can be considered as viable candidates. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process.#LI-DNS1
Damen Naval does not approve commercial, contractor and/or agency or other commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and they will not be considered.