Student Affairs Officer
Will you be the new go-to person for students at the Maastricht Science Programme?
Maastricht Science Programme is looking for an experienced, full-time Student Affairs Officer to join our team.
Maastricht University is one of the most international Universities in Europe. At Maastricht Science Programme (MSP), there are over 40 nationalities across students and staff, coming together to create an inspiring and stimulating working environment.
Our top rated programme attracts students from all corners of the world. As a Student Affairs Officer, you will be the driving force on anything related at the Office of Student Affairs (OSA). You will build and maintain close relationships with MSP students from registration to graduation, and support them through their academic journey. Tasks for this role include:
- To be the key responsible person for the student administration, including front line student support, handling communication, the student journey and management of systems.
- To ensure a high level of quality control as you help communicate, process and archive all decisions made by the Office of Student Affairs.
- To gain a comprehensive knowledge of OSA processes to enable you to be reliable in running the student facing Office of Student Affairs office hours.
- To be proactive in establishing a friendly, engaging and supportive environment.
Your seasoned colleagues at the dynamic Office of Student Affairs will guide you in this challenging and rewarding role. Come and join them in enhancing our student experience.
The ideal candidate is organised and detail- oriented, able to work independently and under pressure. We are looking for a team player who has a “jump in and get it done” attitude, you are customer friendly, easily accessible and service oriented. You are an excellent team player with a “jump in and get it done attitude”. You are an effective manager of time, surveying your own work, setting goals and priorities, planning activities, resources and time. You can handle new technologies and want to be active in driving effective digitalisation.
- Thinking and acting at MBO+/HBO level, by education and/or working experience.
- The official language at the Maastricht Science Programme is English; therefore excellent verbal and written communication skills in English are required.
- Experience with for administrative work is highly preferred.
- Affinity with Canvas and SAP preferred but not essential.
What we offer
As student affairs officer at Faculty of Science & Engineering, you will be employed by the most international university in the Netherlands, located in the beautiful city of Maastricht. In addition, we offer you:
- Good employment conditions. The position is graded in scale 7 - 8 according to UFO profile student affairs officer, with corresponding salary based on experience ranging from €2693,00 and €4103,00 gross per month (based on a full-time employment of 38 hours per week). In addition to the monthly salary, an 8.0% holiday allowance and an 8.3% year-end bonus apply.
- An employment contract for a period of 12 months with a scope of 1,0 FTE. Upon proven suitability, the employment contract will be converted to an indefinite contract.
- At Maastricht University, the well-being of our employees is of utmost importance, we offer flexible working hours and the possibility to work partly from home if the nature of your position allows it. You will receive a monthly commuting and internet allowance for this. If you work full-time, you will be entitled to 29 vacation days and 4 additional public holidays per year, namely carnival Monday, carnival Tuesday, Good Friday, and Liberation Day. If you choose to accumulate compensation hours, an additional 12 days will be added. Furthermore, you can personalize your employment conditions through a collective labor agreement (CAO) choice model.
- As Maastricht University, we offer various other excellent secondary employment conditions. These include a good pension scheme with the ABP and the opportunity for UM employees to participate in company fitness and make use of the extensive sports facilities that we also offer to our students.
- Last but certainly not least, we provide the space and facilities for your personal and professional development. We facilitate this by offering a wide range of training programs and supporting various well-established initiatives such as 'acknowledge and appreciate'.
- The terms of employment at Maastricht University are largely set out in the collective labor agreement of Dutch Universities. In addition, local provisions specific to UM apply. For more information, click here.
Why work at Maastricht University?
At Maastricht University (UM), everything revolves around the future. The future of our students, as we work to equip them with a solid, broad-based foundation for the rest of their lives. And the future of society, as we seek solutions through our research to issues from all around the world. Our six faculties combined provide a comprehensive package of study programmes and research.
In our teaching, we use the Problem-Based Learning (PBL) method. Students work in small groups, looking for solutions to problems themselves. By discussing issues and working together to draw conclusions, formulate answers and present them to their peers, students develop essential skills for their future careers.
With over 22,300 students and more than 5,000 employees from all over the world, UM is home to a vibrant and inspiring international community.
Are you drawn to an international setting focused on education, science and scholarship? Are you keen to contribute however your skills and qualities allow? Our door is open to you! As a young European university, we value your talent and look forward to creating the future together.
Faculty of Science and Engineering
At the Faculty of Science and Engineering (FSE), we focus on themes such as circularity and sustainability, future farming, digitisation and (scientific) instrument development. FSE's leading projects, like the Einstein Telescope Pathfinder, are sure to grab anyone's attention. The faculty is a vibrant hub of education and research in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) and Liberal Arts and Sciences (LAS). At FSE, over 450 staff members and 3700 students gather to explore e exciting interdisciplinary research and educational programmes. Feel welcome, be part of our team and put your brilliant mind to work!
FSE at the Brightlands Campuses
Maastricht, Sittard-Geleen, Heerlen, and Venlo, the home of four creative Brightlands campuses, are bustling with 30,000 entrepreneurs, researchers, and students working diligently to solve global challenges. The Faculty of Science and Engineering is active on all four Brightlands campuses, and this is where our impact reaches its peak. To give you an idea of what is happening at each campus: Sittard-Geleen is home to the largest chemical site in the Euregion, while Venlo is a large hub for agri-food innovation. Maastricht is the site of the Health Campus, and Heerlen is the place to be for Smart Services.
Have you become interested in this great position but do you still have questions? Please feel free to contact Linzi Hall, Manager of Operations via [email protected] for more information.
Or are you already convinced and ready to become our new student affairs officer? Apply now, no later than 3 March 2024, for this position.
The vacancy is open for internal and external candidates. In case of equal qualifications, internal candidates will be prioritized.
Maastricht University is committed to promoting and nurturing a diverse and inclusive community. We believe that diversity in our staff and student population contributes to the quality of research and education at UM, and strive to enable this through inclusive policies and innovative projects led by teams of staff and students. We encourage you to apply for this position.Job Type: Non-Academic Faculty/Service Center: Faculty of Science & Engineering Closing date: 3-03-2024 FTE min: 1,0 FTE max: 1,0 Salary min: €2693,00 Salary max: €4103,00 ID job: 624 Job Type: Non-Academic Faculty/Service Center: Faculty of Science & Engineering Closing date: 3-03-2024 FTE min: 1,0 FTE max: 1,0 Salary min: €2693,00 Salary max: €4103,00 ID job: 624