Global Food Safety Lead
Kraft Heinz Company
All posting locations: Amsterdam, , Netherlands
Job Function: 07 - Quality
Date Published: 07-Feb-2024
Ref #: R-79149
Remote, Hybrid or Onsite: Hybrid
Description & Requirements
What is on the Menu?
1. Developing and implementing food safety strategies: The Global Food Safety Lead is responsible for crafting and implementing food safety strategies that align with the organization's goals and objectives.
2. This role is the business expert on the food safety risk assessment process, drawing on recognized risk assessment principles and processes that provide expert risk assessment judgement and course correction.
3. Creating and maintaining process/procedures for ensuring physical, chemical and microbiological safety of our products.
4. Initiate, implement and sustain the validation and verification of food safety risk management processes and practices covering:
the lifecycle of product,
5. Build resources for KHC employees to use to create and maintain food safety risk management processes and associated activities.
Develop and implement comprehensive and consistent training and development programs in all aspects
Ensure risk assessors can identify hazard and risk control / mitigation plans,
Enable standard methodology development and sharing along with proactive decision making and communication,
Develop companywide awareness programs to ensure that everyone is aware of their specific responsibilities for Food Safety
6. Develop and implement a process for tracking and reporting compliance to company and legal requirements on food safety; and their effectiveness in reducing risk, protecting the brand and supporting the business.
7. Collaboration: This role works closely with and engages other stakeholders to educate and enable them to be part of and support the RA process. They also work with all FSQ at zone and BU level to create consistent, standard approach to risk assessment and food safety whilst ensuring legal compliance as a minimum.
What do you bring to the table?
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in food science, microbiology, or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
Minimum of 5 years of experience in a food safety and quality or regulatory leadership role, with demonstrated success in building & managing compliance programs.
Solid understanding of food safety regulations and standards, including certifications such as HACCP, FSMA, GFSI, and ISO 22000.
Detailed knowledge of the food industry, food safety risk and product lifecycle management.
Proven project management skills.
Excellent communication skills at all levels of the organization.
Recognised as an expert in their field. Ability to understand and interpret regulations, standards and requirements and translate it into internal standards.
Experience leading and managing teams, including coaching and mentoring employees.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build relationships and influence stakeholders at all levels.
Ability to think strategically and develop and execute effective plans and programs.
Strong analytical skills, with the ability to analyze data and identify trends and opportunities for improvement.
Influencing key stakeholders and senior leaders is essential to success as the role requires coordination of different internal stakeholders including, Food Platform, Supply Management, Segments, Regions.
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
Recalls & withdrawals.
Internal & external audit & inspection- compliance
Work Environment & Schedule
Though the role is ideally based out of our Amsterdam office, this role will involve working and coordinating with global teams and partners in different time zones. This role will involve frequent travels to our plants and offices around the world.
We hope you find a seat at our table!
Kraft Heinz is a global food company with a delicious heritage. With iconic and emerging food and beverage brands around the world, we deliver the best taste, fun and quality to every meal table we touch. We’re on a mission to disrupt not only our own business, but the global food industry. A consumer obsession and unexpected partnerships fuel our progress as we drive innovation across every part of our company.
Around the world, our people are connected by a culture of ownership, agility and endless curiosity. We also believe in being good humans, who are working to improve our company, communities, and planet. We’re proud of where we’ve been – and even more thrilled about where we’re headed – as we nourish the world and lead the future of food.
We grow our people to grow our business. We champion great people who bring ambition, curiosity, and high performance to the table as the guardians of our beloved and nostalgic brands. Good isn't good enough. We choose greatness every day by challenging the ordinary and making bold decisions. All while celebrating our wins - and our failures – as we work together to lead the future of food.
Challenging the status quo takes talent. We invest in your purpose and potential by developing skills and nurturing strengths that leave a legacy on our business and a lasting impact on your career. Because great people make great companies, and we’re growing something great here at Kraft Heinz.
Kraft Heinz is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Underrepresented Ethnic Minority Groups/Women/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity and other protected classes.