Associate Customer Service
Do you have a passion for customer service and a knack for problem-solving? Do you want to work in a leading international company within its field, in an environment where professional and personal growth is encouraged? Welcome to LyondellBasell…
This is LyondellBasell
As a leader in the global chemical industry, LyondellBasell strives every day to be the safest, best operated and most valued company in our industry. The company’s products, materials and technologies are advancing sustainable solutions for food safety, access to clean water, healthcare and fuel efficiency in more than 100 international markets. LyondellBasell places high priority on diversity, equity and inclusion and is Advancing Good with an emphasis on our planet, the communities where we operate and our future workforce. The company takes great pride in its world-class technology and customer focus. LyondellBasell has stepped up its circularity and climate ambitions and actions to address the global challenges of plastic waste and decarbonization. For more information, please visit www.lyondellbasell.com or follow @LyondellBasell on LinkedIn.
This is the role
As an Associate Customer Service Representative, you will be responsible for providing top-tier customer service. You will have your own customer portfolio and you will be part of our domestic and/or export order fulfillment process. During a typical day, you receive orders, check product availability, coordinate product transportation and delivery, and ensure accurate invoicing. You will resolve customer or business-related challenges and operate with a diligent degree of knowledge handling customers, products, manufacturing, and transportation procedures. You are willing and able to back-up all businesses within the group and become a natural go-to person in case of operational issues.
- Delivering highest quality service to your customers, handling customer requests in a timely and professional manner, building up long term value for the company while increasing customer satisfaction.
- Constantly improving the knowledge of the working procedures and instructions, the quality documentation, and the quality governance; being able to identify and solve gaps in the knowledge.
- Acting as primary interface with Planning, Sales, Business and Supply Chain to serve the customer in the most efficient and effective way to maximize value for LyondellBasell (feedback from business partners, KPIs, complaints) and ensuring effective interfaces with all partner functions.
- Developing effective relationships with key stakeholders (customers, planners, business, SC, Finance, etc.) and building an effective network so that targets are effectively and efficiently met.
- You are ensuring that formal governance compliance and company work ethic culture is in place by respecting/adhering to all policies and procedures.
- Checking and maintaining accuracy of Customer Master Data in SAP in liaison with Master Data team to ensure correct deliveries, invoicing and communication.
This is who you are
To be successful in this role you must recognize yourself in the following profile:
You are a strong and clear communicator with a customer service heart. You have a curious approach to you work and you’ll ask questions to identify customers and their needs. Responsive and solution oriented are words to describe you. Helping your colleagues when needed.
You’re open to new ways of looking at things and you like to keep learning and applying innovative methods and tools. Input from others is always welcome and you’re there for your colleagues if needed.
This is what you bring
- College degree preferred or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 1/2 years in Customer Service and/or Supply Chain
- Experience with SAP, MS Office
- Fluent in written and verbal English
Please feel free to contact Leonie Mulder at leonie.mulder @ lyondellbasell.com for more details. Would you like to apply? Just send us your motivation and resume via the application button. Only applications through this application button will be taken into consideration.
The recruitment process consists of an initial phone screening and business interviews before proceeding to a possible job offer. A background check will be part of the process.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.