I&D Distribution Manager North
Are you a dynamic, customer focused, and agile individual with a passion for the chemical industry? Do you want to join a leading company that offers you the opportunity to grow your sales skills and drive the results? If yes, then you might be the perfect candidate for the European I&D Sales Team. We are Lyondellbasell...
This is the role
This key role in the European Intermediates & Derivatives (I&D) Sales Team is an individual contributor position. Goal is to represent the company and execute our growth business strategy, negotiate deals and commercial contracts, manage Distribution partner relationships, increase overall value creation and manage the full order-to-cash process. We are looking for a dynamic, customer focused, commercial and agile individual. The position will be based preferably in Rotterdam (NL), other locations will also be considered.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Translate LyondellBasell’s Distribution growth strategy into a coherent sales strategy for the Distribution sales channel in the North European Region (incl. Germany, Benelux, UK, Nordics);
- Dynamically drive sales target achievement, including pricing, volume & margin objectives, account share, cost-to-serve management, bad debt and working capital;
- Develop and nurture relationships with established and new Distribution partners with a focus on customer satisfaction;
- Optimize value (pricing & volume management) and capture relevant market information for the full I&D portfolio including over 20 products and effectively communicate to internal stakeholders;
- Promote continuous improvements and operational excellence for key sales processes, notably pricing and contract management;
- Enhance LyondellBasell’s market intelligence utilizing our CRM solution (salesforce);
- Work collaboratively with key stakeholders, incl. Business Management, Supply Chain and other staff functions to meet customer requirements in the context of achieving LYB Business objectives;
- Respect all LYB policies and procedures, compliance guidance & embraces the Vision, Mission, Values of LYB.
This is who you are
- Presentation and Communication Skills: Presents information in a simple way, clearly communicating the key messages and engages the audience. Communicates openly and clear. Simplifies complex issues where possible and share information freely;
- Negotiating: Can negotiate skillfully in tough situations with internal and external groups. Can settle differences with minimum “noise”. Can win concessions without damaging relationships. Can be direct and forceful as well as diplomatic. Gains trust quickly of other parties to the negotiations;
- Product and Technical Knowledge: Looks for opportunities to continuously learn about LYB products and services to be able to clearly articulate these in a strong value proposition for the partner entity.
This is what you bring
Minimum Bachelor’s degree in scientific, technical or business field.
Minimum 5 years of professional experience in a commercial role (Sales, Marketing, Business Development or Product Management) within the chemical industry.
Fluent in English and at least one other European language (preferably German)
Developed IT skills (Microsoft Office Word/Excel/PowerPoint, SAP R/3, SalesForce).
This is what we offer
We offer an environment where we encourage personal and professional growth and where you will be rewarded for your performance and results. You will have the possibility to work with specialist on all fields to develop innovative solutions and to extend your national and international network. In addition, we offer you a competitive salary package. The Company's Global Remote Work Policy allows eligible employees the option to work up to three days a week from home. LyondellBasell is committed to advancing diversity, equity & inclusion (DEI) to ensure a positive experience for all employees.
Please feel free to contact James Smeets at james.smeets @ lyondellbasell.com for more details. Would you like to apply? Just send us your motivation and resume via the application button. Only applications through this application button will be taken into consideration.
The recruitment process exists of an initial phone screening and business interviews before proceeding to a possible job offer. A background check will be part of the process.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.