We are looking for candidates for the following position in our Breda office:
Iver Ships is a daughter company of Vroon, a family-originated business established in 1890 in the Netherlands. Iver Ships has operated a fleet of product and high-heat tankers since the early 1990-ies. Operating on a worldwide basis, Iver Ships maintains a high-quality Document of Compliance (DOC) and is compliant with all international rules and regulations. We handle commercial, operational and technical management activities related to the seaborne transportation of asphalt/bitumen, liquid pitch cargoes, clean and dirty products and easy chemicals (IMO-2). Our tankers typically serve major oil companies and large trading houses, with the safety of cargoes and all staff ashore and on board having our fullest attention.
What will you do?
You will handle the day-to-day chartering of Iver Ships’ owned and commercially managed tonnage, with a focus on worldwide trading. Our Chartering team takes care of all aspects of vessel trading, including:
- Negotiating and fixing time charters and/or spot cargoes and tender agreements;
- Marketing and chartering vessels to clients;
- Preparing voyage calculations;
- Communicating effectively with colleagues, external brokers, charterers, suppliers/receivers, third parties, etc.;
- Developing new business;
- Building relationships with new and existing clients;
- Market intelligence and reporting;
- Monitoring market developments;
- Attending meetings, exhibitions and seminars to promote the Iver Ships fleet.
In this position, you report to the Chartering Manager.
What do we offer?
We believe that to be an employer of choice, we need to take care of our employees. This is why, if you join our team, you will enjoy benefits such as (based on 1 FTE):
- A market-conform salary;
- 8% holiday allowance;
- Bonus scheme;
- 28 days’ annual vacation;
- A wide range of development opportunities, including an annual personal development budget of € 2,500;
- The opportunity to partly work from home with an allowance;
- A laptop;
- A mobile phone;
- An Internet allowance;
- A pension scheme;
- A Company restaurant, in which it is a pleasure to have lunch or conduct meetings;
- A fun and inclusive culture, where you are challenged to your max;
- Discount on sport subscription;
- Optional collective health insurance;
Who are we looking for?
Our preferred candidate has:
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a related field (preferred);
- A minimum of one year’s experience, either in a commercial role or in the shipping industry;
- Experience in operating or chartering tankers is an advantage;
- Excellent verbal and written communication and negotiation skills in English;
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to identify details and draw and communicate conclusions;
- Reporting and presentation skills;
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimum supervision;
- Demonstrated ability of working collaboratively within a team environment on a local and global level;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and a quick learner of new systems;
- Innovation skills, being able to take initiatives with a creative mind;
- Dutch language at conversational level is a plus;
- The willingness and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment;
- The willingness to undertake worldwide travel to meet (potential) clients;
- A team player with an open-minded attitude.
Only candidates eligible to live and work in the Netherlands will be considered for this role.
If you are interested in this vacancy, please apply here.
For more information, please contact our HR Manager, Evelien Overmans-Vonk (T: +31 76 2068294).
No agency acquisition