Datum: 1 week geleden
Stad: Amstelveen, Noord-Holland
Contract type: Voltijd
Purpose of the jobAt SkyTeam, innovation takes flight like never before. Since we started back in June 2000, SkyTeam and our world-class member airlines have built a leading alliance connecting customers across a vast global network of more than 1,080 destinations and 750+ lounges in 180+ countries. We’ve achieved many ‘firsts’ together – SkyPriority, SkyTeam Rebooking, The Sustainable Flight Challenge to name just a few
As the world around us changes at lightning speed, our pursuit to create cutting-edge solutions for members and customers is relentless. We want to be recognized as the most customer-centric alliance, anticipating, and fulfilling extended expectations
We work daily to be a leader in truly advancing travel and mastering cocreation to empower SkyTeam members and partners to deliver ever more seamless, innovative, and sustainable experiences to customers worldwide
This is a position within the Lounge Team, directly reporting to Senior Manager Lounges and in dotted line to the Head of Operations
As a Manager for Lounges, you'll spearhead a diverse array of high-impact projects, crafting innovative lounge concepts and activities in sync with the VP Operations and Senior Manager Lounges. Imagine yourself at the forefront, driving collaboration among member airline representatives, channeling the power of collective wisdom to elevate lounge experiences to new heights
As you foster collaboration among the representatives of the member airlines, you'll harness industry best practices to fill the gaps in our lounge offerings, ensuring we continue to excel in our service offerings and set high standards in our industry
Represent SkyTeam Lounges (SkyTeam (Co-) Branded Lounges, Airline Owned Lounges and Third-party lounges) at various functional meetings and protect the interest of the Alliance as a whole while operating in total neutrality and transparency, without preferential treatment of any one airline over another and display sound judgment with implementing solutions that are consistent with corporate values, goals, objectives, and strategies.
Your profileKey Result Areas / Key Responsibilities:
1. Coverage: new lounge locations
- Determine peak capacity requirements for the lounge: peak numbers of permitted customers anticipated on an hourly and monthly basis
- Update peak capacity analysis model with new insights as needed.
- A prioritized analysis of top HVC airports has been created to assist in the selection of potential new lounge locations. Ensure the list is updated on a regular basis, with information provided by the member airlines.
- Support Senior Lounge Manager in setting up new lounges:
- When a new lounge location has been identified as a potential opportunity, it is essential that a feasibility study is conducted to determine if next steps should be taken to develop a business case for a new lounge in that specific location. The feasibility study will determine the positive benefits for the selected lounge location. It will also highlight any and all barriers that may stop the development.
- The selected Lounge operator prepares the business case. Conduct negotiation and share with member airlines for feedback, approval, and project commitment. The lounge operator will take the lease, create the lounge, and operate the lounge with accordance to SkyTeam requirements.
- Managing the contract process between the lounge operator and the airlines:
- Initial discussions begin with the lounge operator to finalize the proposed contract for the SkyTeam members.
- Once terms and conditions are agreed upon, the contract will be presented to SkyTeam legal counsel for review.
- After the contract is approved by SkyTeam legal counsel, SkyTeam will present the contract to the SkyTeam member airlines for review and comments.
- Once the contract terms and conditions are agreed upon, each airline will sign.
- Managing the contract process between the lounge operator and SkyTeam simultaneously to the above:
- This process will follow the same steps as above with the exception that this contract will be signed by SkyTeam and the lounge operator.
- During the construction phase work closely with an appointed local project manager to provide oversight:
- Communications will consist of conference calls and emails to measure progress. On-site visits as needed. SkyTeam will provide timely updates to stakeholders.
- Provide tools and instruction on lounge policies, service requirements, food, beverage, customer service expectations and signage.
- Work closely with Lounge Access Management System (LAMS) product owner in facilitating the set-up and use of LAMS.
- Opening preparations: planning towards the soft and grand opening, coordinate brand and communication activities
- Work closely with LAMS product owner in rolling out LAMS in lounges (set up of specific lounge, local rules, training/user manual)
- Actively search and implement innovative technology solutions in current and future lounges to improve and sustain a high level of customer experience satisfaction
- Define idea and requirements
- Implement and evaluate
- Actively search and implement commercial and revenue generating opportunities in current and future lounges.
- Initiate PoCs and translate into structural solutions, incl IT requirements:
- paid access
- lounge passes
- premium paid services
- VIP services
SkyTeam Member Airlines, who have their own branded lounge, shall participate and comply with the rate per lounge included in the SkyTeam Lounge Pricing Scheme
- Support each member airline in understanding the agreed methodology
- Manage and validate the lounge operating costs provided by the Lounge Working Group to calculate the lounge rate.
- Prepare executive summary for decision making
- Identify needs to change the rules, based on member's request or other new insights
- Organize process with member airlines to validate proposed changes.
- Coordinate implementation of changes within the scope of SkyTeam.
- Close cooperation and alignment with member airlines on lounge related topics
- Meeting preparation and presentations, e.g. Louge WG and AG
- Support Senior Manager and Legal Counsel with lounge agreements:
- Identify ways to make the agreements more streamlined
- Coordinate digital signing / hard copies for all types of lounge agreements
- Help create a lounge “knowledge bank” at the SkyTeam office, made digitally available, encapsulating relevant findings and experiences accumulated in the course of the daily job
- Support Senior Manager in budget forecasting.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent airline operation working experience
- Computer literate with strong PowerPoint / Excel / Word skills and in-depth report writing ability
- Fluent written and spoken English, other languages appreciated
- Effective program and project management experience with an emphasis on exemplary capabilities for handling multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work with others in a time sensitive (deadlines), team environment, with minimal supervision
- Ability to work with attention to detail, on time and on budget
- Ability to collaborate with senior executives with clear, concise communications
- Experienced with a multi-cultural environment
- Knowledge, experience and understanding of airport lounge processes
- Ability to travel on regular basis, sometimes at short notice
- Authorization to reside and work legally in The Netherlands on a full-time basis (note: this position does not offer relocation assistance)
- Leadership skills
- Ability to motivate and engage people in non-hierarchical, cross-functional settings.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proven cross-cultural awareness.
- Subject matter knowledge
- Detailed understanding of Lounges
- Results oriented
- Strong execution skills, with demonstrated ability to deliver results within a team setting.
- Ability to blend decisiveness in operations with diplomacy in human interactions.
- Demonstrates proactive problem-solving ability.
- Strategic thinking
- Ability to think strategically.
- Making collaboration work
- Excellent spoken and written English.
- Team player
- Ability to create consensus among parties.
- Conflict resolution skills
- Relationship building and maintenance.
Why us?SkyTeam will offer you a complete salary package that includes unique benefits:
- A challenging role at a unique employer in the Netherlands
- Salary: a competitive monthly gross salary depends on your experience
- Vacation pay: 8% of gross annual salary
- Vacation days: 27 vacation days for one year
- Pension plan: everything you need for a good retirement.
- Equipment: laptop, phone or e-sim
- Home office: create and equip your home office with our support.
- Travel allowance: travel allowance for public transport, bicycle, and car
- Discounted travel: reduced airfares after 6 months of your start date
- Learning environment: free access to LinkedIn Learning, Lunch & Learn sessions, and the opportunity to surround yourself with highly skilled colleagues.
- Work from anywhere: flexibility to work from anywhere in the world (duration of max. four weeks)
- Hybrid way of working: we offer flexibility to work from home.
- Exclusive cooperate discount: get access to exclusive cooperate discount and irresistible deals via employee discount platform across a vast spectrum of products and services of top-tier merchants
- Fun events: potluck parties, BBQs and more appealing team activities throughout the year
Within a few weeks, we will access your profile for this position, and should there be a match, we will contact you via email about the potential fit. If your skills and experience align with our needs, here is what you can expect:
- Preliminary chat with the Recruiter (Virtual)
- First Interview: You'll receive an invitation for a first interview in person at our office in Amstelveen.
- Second Interview & Case Study: You'll be invited to a second round of interviews at our office in Amstelveen if the first interview goes well. This stage may also include a case presentation, providing you with an opportunity to showcase your problem-solving skills and industry acumen. On very rare occasions, there might be a follow-up third/final Interview.
- Email Job Offer: Upon successful completion of the interviews, we'll present a job offer to you via email.
- Contract/Offer: Finally, with much excitement, we'll prepare a comprehensive employment contract formalizing your new role at SkyTeam.
About usSkyTeam strives to provide the safest and most seamless customer journey of any global airline alliance. Our members work together to connect millions of passengers safely and seamlessly through an extensive global network. It is an esteemed international organization that brings together different cultures and backgrounds, all united by our passion for the airline industry. In addition to our focus on the passage side of aviation, we also focus on cargo
At SkyTeam, we know the importance of a fresh perspective. With members spread across five continents and different time zones, we are flexible and agile, focused on delivering services that create synergy. Our headquarters is a hotbed of innovation and creativity, allowing us to adapt quickly to the rapidly changing airline industry
SkyTeam's headquarters in Amstelveen represents more than 21 different nationalities. Our employees come from many different backgrounds and reflect the diversity of our member airlines. We are passionate about diversity and embrace an inclusive, non-discriminatory work community where we celebrate our differences and share our successes and hard work to contribute to member value.