Buyer Packaging Procurement NL/B/UK/Nordics
The role is to capture all indirect spend for his/her sites / categories and to service by implementing the approved sourcing strategies, within companies' requirements and guidelines, to ensure results on all agreed goals with BU and Group functions, and to contribute to the overall result for dsm-firmenich. The role can be hired from another locations NL/B/UK/Nordics.
At dsm-firmenich people are at the heart of the company. We are committed to equal employment opportunities and value diversity in the workplace.
- To act as the first point of contact for all stakeholders on the sites/for the categories which he/she supports
- Define the relevant Sourcing approach, aligned with the sourcing strategies for local spend
- Coordinating, managing or re-directing all procurement activities for spend between 100K and 500K Euro’s
- Drive the package saving pipeline on the site(s) and engage with stakeholders to drive implementation and progress of new/alternative products, services and processes
- Prepare and lead fact-based negotiations, supplier selection and contracting process for regional/local spend.
- Lead contract implementation and potential localization and resolve issues in close alignment with Category Managers
- Develop and manage relationship with preferred/approved suppliers and a.o.track/develop their performance
- Initiate and conduct supplier performance evaluations.
- Support stakeholders: using dsm-firmenich (preferred) contracts, executing competitive bids, spot buying or coordinate specification-sourcing process towards category management.
- Monitoring the P2P process and ensuring compliance with agreed Payment terms
- Manage contracts and proactively initiate renewals or new tenders for existing contacts
- An open, trusted and flexible work environment that empowers people to take accountability for their work and own the outcome;
- A space to grow by encouraging and supporting curiosity and an open mindset;
- A culture that prioritizes safety and well-being, both physically and mentally;
- Barrier-free communities within our organization where every employee is equally valued and respected – regardless of their background, beliefs, or identity;
- A firm belief that working together with our stakeholders and suppliers is the key to achieving great things;
- An eagerness to be one team and learn from each other to bring progress to life and create a better future.
- Bachelors' degree in relevant expertise area or equal level developed by experience
- Local language and English required, other languages a plus
- Min 2 years Procurement experience strongly preferred
- Negotiation, contracting, demand management and relevant systems savviness / multitasking
- Effective communication, Influencing & motivating others,
- Own and deliver the outcome
The application process
Interested in this position? Please apply on-line by uploading your resume in English via our internal career portal latest November 16th. For further information about the position, please contact Michel Lebouille.
For further information about the process, please contact Ewa Wylupek.
This job title is temporary and will be adjusted once the job grading structure for the new Group will be adopted (covering among others: grades’ design, job evaluations, calibration, and job titles’ nomenclature). Until these adjustments are finalized, current compensation packages will be grandfathered for those whose new position turns out to be graded lower than their current position. This temporary period will last not more than 24 months for the legacy DSM Executives or legacy FIR SLT members, and not more than 12-18 months for all other employees from the moment the candidate moves into their new position.
dsm-firmenich is fully dedicated to inclusion because when people feel engaged and empowered, their creativity and innovation drives unprecedented progress. We aim to build a workplace where opportunity really is equal, so everyone can thrive. We do not discriminate: there’s a place for everyone at dsm-firmenich.
dsm-firmenich is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. dsm-firmenich people are as diverse as our customers. For us that includes a commitment to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law. We are committed to providing reasonable support for disabled applicants in our recruiting process. Should you need assistance, and are comfortable to share this, please let us know.
As innovators in nutrition, health, and beauty, dsm-firmenich reinvents, manufactures, and combines vital nutrients, flavors, and fragrances for the world’s growing population to thrive. With our comprehensive range of solutions, with natural and renewable ingredients and renowned science and technology capabilities, we work to create what is essential for life, desirable for consumers, and more sustainable for the planet. dsm-firmenich is a Swiss-Dutch company, listed on the Euronext Amsterdam, with operations in almost 60 countries and revenues of more than €12 billion. With a diverse, worldwide team of nearly 30,000 employees, we bring progress to life every day, everywhere, for billions of people.