Intern - Industry Value Advisory (IVA)
We help the world run better
Our company culture is focused on helping our employees enable innovation by building breakthroughs together. How? We focus every day on building the foundation for tomorrow and creating a workplace that embraces differences, values flexibility, and is aligned to our purpose-driven and future-focused work. We offer a highly collaborative, caring team environment with a strong focus on learning and development, recognition for your individual contributions, and a variety of benefit options for you to choose from.Apply now!
Purpose and Objectives
SAP NL Intern Program is a paid program that provides university students the opportunity to find purpose in their careers. We believe that through placing passionate people on the right teams, providing leadership and learning opportunities, and working on impactful projects, purpose is born.
You should apply to the program if:
- You are passionate about how businesses work, the role enterprise technology has, and its impact on business and people
- Want to understand global/industry trends and how they change the businesses.
- You would like to network with mentors, make new friends, and attend six learning sessions from diverse subject matter experts where you learn about the soft skills of consultancy and advisory.
- You want access to a global network of highly experienced people consisting of SAP leaders and entrepreneurs, and career development opportunities at your fingertips.
Industry Value Advisory (IVA) Intern
SAP’s vision for tomorrow’s business world is the Intelligent Enterprise. In Intelligent Enterprises, data feeds intelligence, which in turn feeds process automation and innovation – helping companies provide a perfect customer experience while boosting operational efficiency.
SAP Industry Value Advisory plays a critical role in inspiring and guiding our most strategic clients in their transformation journeys to becoming Intelligent Enterprises.
Our Industry Value Advisors provide industry thought leadership, strategic solution advisory, and expert consultation on value management to support customer co-innovation, enterprise transformation, and business process performance improvement programs. We support customers and prospects by assessing strategic objectives, innovation scenarios, key improvement opportunities and other sources of incremental economic value.
Through this role you will
- Work together with different people from the team and get to see different industries and clients within NL
- Support demand generation activities through rigorous research and analysis of markets, industries, and specific accounts
- Utilize your problem-solving skills to solve real business challenges for multinational and regional customers
- Actively participate in demand generation and sales strategic planning meetings, taking ownership of follow-up actions and deliverables
- Have the opportunity to shape your experience based on your interests and skills
- Get the opportunity to advise clients in the translation of their strategy
- Develop an understanding of the role of SAP technology in enabling future business strategies
- Leverage your creative skills in a business environment
- Develop analytical skills, mastering techniques such as facilitation, issue identification and cost-benefit calculation
- Bring the pyramid principle of McKinsey in reality developing clear, structured and high-quality storylines
- Deliver crisp presentations to small and large audiences and deal elegantly with objections.
- Learn the McKinsey methodology in problem solving
We want you to bring your passion, drive, knowledge, and skills to helping us realize our vision.
Tasks and Expectations
- Analyze our customers vision, strategy and goals through desk research and support the organization in translating/mapping them into capabilities
- Understand and apply value-selling methods, benchmarking, and tools to deliver comprehensive value propositions and business content with clear ROI/TCO for customers
- Liaise with the SAP ecosystem to drive select demand generation activities
- Drive innovation in existing deliverables to increase effectiveness
- Responsible for analyzing market potential and the SAP position in this market
- Collect best practices from other countries and specific learnings for the Dutch market.
- Research DMU’s of the SAP key customers and their attitude towards IT and SAP in particularly
- Bring fresh, creative thinking to demand generation efforts, recommend improvements in current engagement processes and operations
There is enough room and flexibility next to SAP’s tasks and expectations to finish your thesis.
Education and Qualifications / Skills and Competencies
- Master’s or Bachelor’s Science student in the field of Business, Economics and Management
- Firm understanding of business processes
- Business acumen to understand financial reports and build business cases
- Creativity and a zeal for excellence
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail and accuracy
- Design, presentation, and communication skills
- Ability to manage and prioritize own workload in context of multiple deliverables with overlapping timelines
- Team player and high energy level
- Inquisitive and unafraid to ask questions, but also suggest ideas and recommend solutions
- Ability to seek out resources and information in a complex organization independently
- Fluency in spoken and written English
We build breakthroughs together
SAP innovations help more than 400,000 customers worldwide work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. Originally known for leadership in enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, SAP has evolved to become a market leader in end-to-end business application software and related services for database, analytics, intelligent technologies, and experience management. As a cloud company with 200 million users and more than 100,000 employees worldwide, we are purpose-driven and future-focused, with a highly collaborative team ethic and commitment to personal development. Whether connecting global industries, people, or platforms, we help ensure every challenge gets the solution it deserves. At SAP, we build breakthroughs, together.
We win with inclusion
SAP’s culture of inclusion, focus on health and well-being, and flexible working models help ensure that everyone – regardless of background – feels included and can run at their best. At SAP, we believe we are made stronger by the unique capabilities and qualities that each person brings to our company, and we invest in our employees to inspire confidence and help everyone realize their full potential. We ultimately believe in unleashing all talent and creating a better and more equitable world.
SAP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to the values of Equal Employment Opportunity and provide accessibility accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team: [email protected]
For SAP employees: Only permanent roles are eligible for the SAP Employee Referral Program, according to the eligibility rules set in the SAP Referral Policy. Specific conditions may apply for roles in Vocational Training.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, et al), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or disability.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Requisition ID: 381236 | Work Area: Sales Support | Expected Travel: 0 - 10% | Career Status: Student | Employment Type: Intern | Additional Locations: #LI-Hybrid.