Molecular Biological Analyst
Eurofins Netherlands BioPharma Product Testing
Eurofins MicroSafe Laboratories in Leiden is a GMP certified contract laboratory for the (bio)pharmaceutical industry. Eurofins MicroSafe has approximately 70 employees and is part of the internationally operating Eurofins Scientific. We have a professional team consisting of a mix of young and experienced people with different backgrounds and experiences.
Eurofins MicroSafe Laboratories offers unique tests that allow us to investigate the safety, effectiveness and quality of a biological medicine, including cell and gene therapies, vaccines and monoclonal antibodies. For example, we can demonstrate whether a medicine is free of microbial, viral or production process-related contamination. In addition to carrying out standard tests, we also set up product-specific tests in close collaboration with the client.
As a Molecular Biological Analyst you play an essential role in ensuring the safety and quality of biological medicines. You work closely with a team of experienced professionals in a stimulating and collegial working environment. Your tasks include:
- Performing various testing methods on biological drugs, including in particular qPCR (real time PCR or RT-PCR), but also ELISA, PCR and Western Blotting, FACS, SDS-PAGE, pH, Osmolality, and more;
- Working according to strict quality standards and protocols: Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP);
- Collecting, recording and analyzing test data, and preparing test reports;
- Contribute to method transfer and method validation, depending on your experience;
- Maintaining the laboratory and equipment;
- Actively participate in internal meetings, training and improvement initiatives.
- A completed education at MBO or HBO (higher vocational education) level in Life Sciences, Biotechnology, Microbiology, Virology or a related field;
- Possibly supplemented with courses in molecular biology;
- At least 1 year of experience with some of the techniques we use, such as ELISA, PCR, FACS, SDS-PAGE, Western Blotting, pH, Osmolality, etc.;
- Experience with performing qPCR tests is required;
- Knowledge of GMP or GLP is a plus;
- Strong analytical skills and an eye for detail;
- Good communication skills and the ability to work effectively in a team;
- A proactive attitude towards learning, knowledge sharing and professional development;
- Flexibility and the ability to work to tight deadlines;
- A good command of the English language. Dutch is considered a plus;
- In possession of a valid work permit for the Netherlands.
If you are enthusiastic about carrying out microbiological or virological tests and want to contribute to the safety and quality of pharmaceutical products, we invite you to apply. We look forward to working with you and achieving our common goal.
MicroSafe and Eurofins: A world of possibilities
This position is based at Eurofins MicroSafe (part of Eurofins PROXY Laboratories B.V.) on the Bio Science Park in Leiden. We have a close-knit team where collegiality and collaboration come first. We offer a responsible and challenging position within the team with room for your own ideas and input. Eurofins MicroSafe also offers:
- A competitive salary;
- Flexible working hours;
- 25 days of vacation (with the option to purchase 7 additional days);
- Travel allowance. Dao you travel by public transport? Then your travel costs will be fully reimbursed;
- Participation in a pension scheme with 50% contribution by Eurofins;
- 8% individual choice budget to use for extra salary, vacation days, extra pension accrual, and more;
- Discount on additional health insurance;
- A cycling and/or fitness scheme to promote vitality;
- Professional training and opportunities for training and development;
- Training options via the online learning platform Good Habitz.
Working at Eurofins MicroSafe offers you the flexibility and personal touch of working in a medium sized and dynamic company, whilst also allowing you to benefit from having Eurofins as a parent company. Our ambitious growth plans provide ample opportunities for our employees:
- Diverse developmental opportunities within the organization;
- A large client portfolio ensures a lot of diversity in your work.
More about Eurofins Scientific
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. The Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the leading global emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing.
In 2022, Eurofins generated 6.72 billion Euro proforma turnover in 900 laboratories across 61 countries, employing about 62.000 staff.
Would you like to know more?
For questions regarding the position, please follow the link below ‘I’m interested’ in order to contact the hiring manager.
Acquisition for this vacancy is not appreciated.