ESG Reporting Manager
Pharming Group N.V. (Nasdaq: PHAR/Euronext Amsterdam: PHARM) is a global biopharmaceutical company dedicated to transforming the lives of patients with rare, debilitating, and life-threatening diseases. Pharming is commercializing and developing an innovative portfolio of protein replacement therapies and precision medicines, including small molecules, biologics, and gene therapies that are in early to late-stage development. Pharming is headquartered in Leiden, Netherlands, and has employees around the globe who serve patients in over 30 markets in North America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and Asia Pacific.
Pharming is committed to our core values: “We Care, We Collaborate, We Walk the Talk”, which is complementary to our focus on self-development of our people, teamwork, leadership and being results orientated. In our growing organization, it is important that employees feel connected and engaged. Our core values enable our mission of bringing the unserved rare disease patients the solutions they need and create a clear pathway forward to meet our strategic goals and objectives.
Purpose of the role:
The ESG Reporting Manager, will be responsible for developing, managing, and enhancing our Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) reporting initiatives. He / she will collaborate with various departments to collect and analyze ESG data, prepare comprehensive reports, and drive transparency and accountability in our ESG performance. As the ESG Reporting Manager, he / she will play a pivotal role in helping the company meet its reporting requirements on its sustainability goals and communicate its efforts to stakeholders effectively. He / She will also act as a back-up for the financial accountant.
ESG Data Collection and Analysis:
- Oversee the collection of ESG data from different departments and external sources.
- Analyze ESG data to identify trends, performance indicators, and areas for improvement.
- Develop methodologies for data verification and validation.
- Stay up-to-date with evolving ESG reporting standards and frameworks (e.g., GRI, ESRS, CSRD).
- Ensure compliance with industry-specific regulations and guidelines.
- Develop and maintain a reporting framework tailored to the organization's needs.
- Lead the preparation of periodic ESG reports, including annual sustainability reports and other ad-hoc reports as required.
- Coordinate with internal and external stakeholders to gather relevant information and insights for reporting purposes.
- Ensure the reports are accurate, clear, and transparent in their presentation of ESG performance.
- Develop and maintain a robust ESG data management system.
- Ensure data accuracy, consistency, and accessibility for reporting purposes.
ESG Strategy and Goal Alignment:
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to align ESG strategies with the organization's mission, values, and long-term goals.\Support the development and monitoring of ESG performance targets and objectives.
Training and Awareness:
- Occasionally provide ESG training and awareness programs for employees, enabling them to contribute to the company's sustainability goals.
- Promote a culture of ESG awareness and responsibility within the organization.
Back-up for Financial Accountant:
- Periodic consolidating the financial reports of Pharming Group N.V. and its subsidiaries.
- Contribute to the preparation of the Annual Report, IFRS Financial Statements and other related matters such as press releases.
- Contribute to the preparation of position papers for accounting matters and valuation.
- Master’s degree in a relevant field (Finance, Accounting, or Similar);
- 5-10+ years of proven experience in Finance / Accounting and Reporting;
- 3+ years of proven experience in a similar (ESG related) role;
- Working experience in a multinational, multicultural, stock-listed company;
- Strong communication skills;
- Fluent in English both in word and writing, and preferably one other language;
- Basic knowledge of IFRS and consolidation requirements;
- Familiar with SOx and the administrative documentation of the work performed;
- Project management experience is a plus;
- Professional certifications in ESG reporting or sustainability are a plus.
- Proficiency in ESG reporting standards and frameworks;
What you'll get in return
We offer you a permanent position (starting with a one-year contract), with an excellent remuneration scheme, including:
- A highly competitive salary
- 8.33% holiday allowance (for NL)
- A minimum of 30 vacation days
- An excellent pension plan
- Commuting allowance
You will also join our Learning & Development program, which can offer a tailor made development plan, based on your personal and professional needs. Learning opportunities are everywhere, in all forms imaginable and we want to create learning memories for all “Pharmers”.
Also important! We truly value a healthy life-work balance with a lot of flexibility.
Apply for the job
Does this sound like you and do you want to join our team? Then we'd love to hear from you!
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.